Ben Michel: Web Developer living in Portland, Oregon.
Skills & Expertise
- Familiar: Node.js · Electron · JS Build Tools (npm, webpack, browserify, babel) · Tape · Hapi (joi) · CSS Frameworks (CSJS) · Angular · MySQL · RDBMS · C · C++ · Python · Unix (Bash) · GNU Toolchain (GCC, GDB)
- Learning: RxJS · Functional Reactive Programming · WebRTC · DSP (DFTs, FFTs) · Web Audio API · Web MIDI API
Junior Developer at ZHealth Documentation
- Develop, test, and implement pages and front-end UI features for a cardiology application used by doctors to generate documentation, coding, and billing. Built as a native desktop app in Electron for internal facility use.
- Write page and feature implementation code throughout the entire client-stack. From way down in Electron's API and server routing in the middleware, to the data's destination in the Store, and DOM elements.
- Build features for a highly interactive map of the human body rendered with SVG. A complex, multi-layered body-map rendering engine which features live zooming, drawing, editing, and other UI interactions in an anatomically-accurate mapped representation of the human Venous and Arterial systems.
Creative Strategist, Event Organizer, Technical Support Engineer at &yet
December 2013–January 2015
- Compose, curate, and perform musical experiences coupled to training content, providing a multi-faceted learning experience for students.
- Member of the Marketing and Experience teams for varying projects.
- Provide continuous technical support for talky.io: a hyper-user-friendly WebRTC-based videochat app.
- Write and review content for company blog.
- Compose, perform, and record professional studio album of an original score performed live at RealtimeConf 2013.
Intern Developer at Calf Trail Software
June 2012–November 2012
- Analyze user data and generate metric visualizations with Python for a custom integrated web-maps service.
Computer Science at Portland Community College
- Much of a BS in CS achieved before being professionally hired. Many relevant electives taken in addition to the standard coursework.
- AGS awarded in the process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- English: Native
- Japanese: Elementary proficiency